10 – 16 oz package of seasoned breaded mozzarella sticks heated per package instructions
Mix the dip:
- 1 cup Blue Cheese dressing
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Horseradish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ground Horseradish (omit if prefer lighter taste)
Sprinkle chives on top
Servings: about 12
On June 2, 2015 Coach Kill, Goldie, and a host of gopher coaches and staff visited the Ridgeview Event Center at Garvin Heights Vineyards. The Winona Area Chamber of Commence Ambassadors officially opened the new event center with a ribbon cutting.
Read the full story in the Winona Daily News
Think of vineyards and your mind likely goes to Italy, to Napa Valley.
Despite a climate where snow can be in the forecast six months out of the year, there’s great wine right in our own backyard.
Linda and Marvin Seppanen started Garvin Heights Vineyards seven years ago after deciding to take their passion to the public. The couple had made wine for themselves for years, and toured the United States and world to see masters at work.
Linda, a registered nurse and nursing professor at Winona State University, and Marvin, an engineering consultant, have lived on the property where the vineyards sit for more than 20 years with their family.
In 2006, they started making the wine that would stock the shelves when the vineyards opened in 2007. And despite the vineyard’s young vintage, the couple has received numerous awards at winery conventions around the country and world.
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Read complete article here:
Written By Stefani Schmidt
Winona Daily News
- 1.5 cups water
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 3-inch)
- 1 teaspoon whole cardamom seeds
- 2 inches candied orange rind – about 1 tablespoon (substitute 3 inch fresh orange rind)
- 750 ml GHV Frontenac red table wine (1 bottle)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched whole (or slivered)
- In a non-aluminum mid-size sauce pan, heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Tie all spices and the peel into a small piece of cheesecloth for easy removal.
- Add the spices and peel and wine to the sauce pan and warm through, covered, 5 minutes. If boiled, the alcohol evaporates.
- To serve: Stand one spoon in each glass, evenly divide Glögi into each glass.
Add a few raisins and almonds in each, or serve separately. Serves 4